San Mateo County will be moving into the red tier starting Wednesday, February 24.
This will allow the following:
- Indoor Dining (max 25% capacity or 100 people, whichever is fewer)
- All retail indoors (max 50% capacity)
- Shopping centers, swap meets indoors (max 50% capacity, closed common areas, reduced capacity food courts)
- Personal care services – hair and nail salons, barbershops (open with modifications)
- Museums, zoos, and aquariums (max 25% capacity)
- Places of worship (max 25% capacity)
- Movie theaters indoors (max 25% capacity or 100 people, whichever is fewer)
- Gyms and fitness centers indoors (max 10% capacity)
- Family entertainment centers (kart racing, mini-golf, batting cages) outdoors only with modifications
- Amusement parks, bars without meal service, bowling alleys, indoor playgrounds, live theater, saunas and steam rooms, nightclubs, and festivals are not permitted.
To get more information about new openings in San Mateo County, click here.