DC has been checking out all that "Oakland Restaurant Week" has to offer and has been documenting it all with great recommendations!
1. Millennium Restaurant: DC tried out a full vegetarian/vegan meal starting with a Little Gem salad, Sweet Potato & Risotto cake, and a Lemon Cake for dessert!
2. Farmhouse Kitchen Thai Cuisine: DC went for south Asian cuisine with some Thai food. He had tom yum soup, samosa, beef curry & rice, and the Island Thai iced tea.
3. Copper Spoon: DC and DJ D-Sharp checked out some southern comfort food with Gumbo, Rosemary Olive cake, and a bourbon cocktail.
4. Reem's: On day 4 DC went for Arab cuisine at Reem's. He started with fried Brussel Sprouts with a tahini garlic sauce and pomegranate, a falafel crusted soft boiled eggs with chicory and butternut squash salad, and a Knafeh which is phyllo dough, aakawi cheese, pistachio, and orange blossom syrup.
5. Shinmai: Day 5 of restaurant week DC went for a bowl of Shoyu Ramen at Shinami along with bbq octopus, sashimi, oysters, and a beet salad. All a part of the prix fixe menus.
Remember you only have till Sunday to check out all the Oakland Restaurant Week has to offer.