This is real. Especially if you are active with your children ie: camping, hiking, even walking in tall grass, you need to be aware of this tick danger! A young girl became temporarily paralyzed after she was bitten by a tick. Her parents filmed her symptoms, trouble standing, to help doctors diagnose her condition before they rushed her to the hospital.
If this went untreated, it potentially could have lead to permanent paralysis! Thank goodness the child was taken to the hospital and fully recovered.
Check yourself and your children, even their hair, to be sure this doesn't happen to your child!